In our experience, our award for Best Holiday Accommodation, and the HITA winner’s badge on our website, certainly help to cement the booking decisions of potential customers. It is well known that there is a high number of tourism businesses in the Highlands, and that the standard is very high, so they know this is truly a badge of distinction for our luxury log cabins business.
It’s a Badge of distinction
Our customers are our life blood, and successful tourism businesses are vital to the economy of our local area, Strathglass, which is very natural, rugged and rural, without the economic mainstays enjoyed by other parts of the Highlands, such as distilleries, ski areas or oil-related industry.
These awards also help individual businesses to become better known locally and, through the wider connections of so many Highland people, the quality and strength of our reputation is also significantly boosted.
The HITA awards are tremendously useful in themselves, as they are so well organised they help to promote the standard of Highlands tourism as a whole to the rest of Scotland and beyond.
Mike and Pawana Spencer-Nairn, Owners, Eagle Brae
If you think you have what it takes to be a HITA 2015 winner or know someone who passionately works towards making the tourism industry better then you can enter or nominate here www.highland-tourism-awards.co.uk
This year’s categories are –
- Most Hospitable Hotel
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Holiday Accommodation
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Friendliest Pub/Bar
- Best Event or Festival
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Tourism Everyone’s Business (open to community tourism destination management organisations, destination marketing companies, transport operators, retail and entertainment venues)
- Best Visitor Attraction
- Best Sporting Event
- Hospitality Hero
- Innovation Award (open to small or large businesses)
- Regional Young Ambassador Award (open to people aged 30 or under)
- Regional Ambassador Award (open to people aged 31 or over)