HITA have been working on an entirely new and refreshing approach to rewarding and recognising the excellence that exists within the Highlands and Islands tourism industry. In 2014 we are offering the opportunity for anyone to nominate a business or person that they feel deserves recognition. Tourism businesses will still be able to register and complete an entry without being nominated.
The new award categories have been selected to reflect the importance of the customer experience in our region and also to streamline the route for our winners to the national stage at the Scottish Thistle Awards. Each HITA 2014 winner, with the exception of our Ambassadors, will automatically become a finalist at the Scottish Thistle Awards 2014.
- Most Hospitable Hotel
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Holiday Accommodation
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Friendliest Pub/Bar
- Best Event or Festival
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Our Warmest Welcome
- Best Visitor Attraction
- Creative Ambition Award (Regional nominations for national presentation, no regional winners drawn in this category)
- Discovering Scotland Award (National award, no regional winner)
- Young Ambassador Award (30 years old and under)
- Ambassador Award (30 years old and over)
- Anyone can nominate a company or individual or register themselves* by completing the form online at www.highland-tourism-awards.co.uk
- The winners will be announced at the HITA ceremony and gala dinner in Inverness on Friday 7 November 2014 at the Kingsmills Hotel, Kingsclub & Spa in Inverness.
*Young Ambassador and Ambassador hopefuls cannot enter themselves, they must be nominated by another party.