The finalists for the 2014 Highlands and Islands Tourism Awards have been announced!
Congratulations to all.
- Most Hospitable Hotel: Links House (Dornoch, Sutherland), Premier Inn (Inverness), Kinloch Lodge (Isleornsay, Skye)
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House: Ard Daraich (Fort William), Rockpool House (Ardnamurchan, Wester Ross), The Dulaig Bed & Breakfast (Grantown on Spey), Lochshore House Bed & Breakfast (Portree, Skye)
- Best Holiday Accommodation: The Brochs of Coigach (Achiltibuie, Ross-shire), Morag’s Lodge (Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire), Old Granary and Puffin Quoy (Orphir, Orkney), Eagle Brae (Strathglass, Inverness-shire)
- Best Informal Eating Experience: Rockpool Café (Cullen, Moray), The Trawler (Golspie, Sutherland), The Loch Ness Inn (Loch Ness, Inverness-shire), The Pier Café (Lairg, Sutherland)
- Best Restaurant Experience: Scalloway Hotel (Scalloway, Shetland) The New Drumossie Hotel (Inverness), Station Road (The Lovat, Loch Ness), Red Poppy Restaurant (Strathpeffer, Ross-shire)
- Best Event or Festival: Forres Events Ltd – Piping Hot Forres (Forres, Moray) Celtman Triathlon (Wester Ross) Hebridean Celtic Festival (Lewis) Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival (Speyside).
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience: Experience 4×4 (Lochduntelchaig, Inverness-shire), Paddle Lochaber (Glencoe) Kilda Cruises (Harris), Cruise Loch Ness (Loch Ness, Inverness-shire)
- Our Warmest Welcome Award: Distant Hills Guest House (Spean Bridge, Fort William), Highland Experience Tours (operating throughout the Highlands), Skye Batiks (Portree, Skye)
- Best Visitor Attraction: Eilean Donan Castle (Kyle of Lochalsh), Hebrides Art (Harris) Craggan Outdoors (Grantown on Spey), Strathisla Distillery – Chivas (Keith, Moray)
- Discovering Scotland Award: Shetland Collection (Orcadia, Shetland), Majestic Line (Oban), Highland Wifi (Portree, Skye), WOW Scotland (Inverness)
- Young Ambassador of the Year: Carlyn Kearney of Frankie’s Fish & Chips, Eilidh Todd of North Highland Initiative, Isla Urquhart of The Loch Ness Inn
Entries for the nationally awarded Creative Ambition category have been passed to the Scottish Thistle Awards for consideration along with their shortlisted peers from the other regional heats in Scotland.
The winner of the Ambassador of the Year accolade will be announced at the HITA ceremony and gala dinner at the Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness on Friday 7 November 2014 with the other category winners.
Each HITA 2014 winner, with the exception of the Ambassadors, will automatically become a finalist at the Scottish Thistle Awards 2015, along with the front-runners from the North East, Central South East and Central South West regional heats.