Interestingly, the warm glow from the award has also extended to local people, who have been overwhelming in their praise and delight for its benefit to this locality. Tourism is the mainstay of our area’s economy, along with forestry, a new distillery and commercial fishing, so we are pleased that our success also helps other visitor activities including the wildlife trips, the boat trips, the local tea room and local eateries.
We were already getting regularly high levels of booking but, soon after the award was announced, May and most of June 2015 was already fully booked.
As for our guests, they also make great comments – not just on our service but on the attractive award statue which stands with pride in a prominent place.
Richard and Val Padbury, Owners, Rockpool House, Resipole, Acharacle
If you think you have what it takes to be HITA 2015 winner or know someone who passionately works towards making the tourism industry better then you can enter or nominate here www.highland-tourism-awards.co.uk
This year’s categories are –
- Most Hospitable Hotel
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Holiday Accommodation
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Friendliest Pub/Bar
- Best Event or Festival
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Tourism Everyone’s Business (open to community tourism destination management organisations, destination marketing companies, transport operators, retail and entertainment venues)
- Best Visitor Attraction
- Best Sporting Event
- Hospitality Hero
- Innovation Award (open to small or large businesses)