Our HITA award for Best Restaurant Experience provided a boost to our team, and particularly junior members, who see invaluable recognition from some of the leading figures in this region’s great tourism industry.
It’s very rewarding to have such feedback from our piers – as well as from our customers – as we work hard to ensure that our Station Road restaurant offers some of the most attractive and exciting menus to be had in the Highlands
We make strong use of Scotland’s wealth of natural culinary ingredients, from seafood to local-reared meat and foraged products such as chanterelles, wild fruit and herbs, and we professionally train and develop our team to ensure that our guests always receive the highest standards of service.
A lot of this work came together in 2014, when we also added ‘Best Restaurant’ in the Highlands & Islands Food & Drink Awards to our 3 AA rosettes for culinary excellence, before gaining the HITA award at the end of the year.
Though our customers are always our most important critics, the organisation of HITA provides an invaluable means of networking and benchmarking with fellow tourism operators to help learn from each other and raise standards overall, which is so important to our long-term sustainable future.
Caroline Gregory, Managing Partner, The Lovat
If you think you have what it takes to be HITA 2015 winner or know someone who passionately works towards making the tourism industry better then you can enter or nominate here www.highland-tourism-awards.co.uk
This year’s categories are –
- Most Hospitable Hotel
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Holiday Accommodation
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Friendliest Pub/Bar
- Best Event or Festival
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Tourism Everyone’s Business (open to community tourism destination management organisations, destination marketing companies, transport operators, retail and entertainment venues)
- Best Visitor Attraction
- Best Sporting Event
- Hospitality Hero
- Innovation Award (open to small or large businesses)
- Regional Young Ambassador Award (open to people aged 30 or under)
- Regional Ambassador Award (open to people aged 31 or over)