Our whole team were absolutely thrilled and delighted to win the award for Best Visitor Attraction 2014, a year in which we enjoyed yet another record-breaking season at Eilean Donan, with over 380,000 visitors to the site.
Tourists are our lifeblood, pure and simple, and this award truly represents the icing on the cake after working steadily at continuous improvement, over quite a number of years, to enhance our visitors’ experience.
I personally consider it as hard won recognition of the efforts that everyone here has put in, and the fact that this award is judged by our industry peers is fabulous recognition of the entire team’s efforts and commitment.
It also assists us by helping to highlight and effectively communicate the quality of the visitor experience at Eilean Donan to a wider audience. In our case, apart from providing additional marketing opportunities, we have also seen new potential business partners and collaborators come forward on the back of it.
A HITA award is a measure of the commitment (that often goes un-noticed) to excellence and a desire to keep improving a quality visitor experience.
David Win, Castle Keeper, Eilean Donan Castle
If you think you have what it takes to be HITA’s 2015 Ambassador of the Year or know someone who passionately works towards making the tourism industry better then you can enter or nominate here www.highland-tourism-awards.co.uk
This year’s categories are –
- Most Hospitable Hotel
- Most Hospitable B&B/Guest House
- Best Holiday Accommodation
- Best Informal Eating Experience
- Best Restaurant Experience
- Friendliest Pub/Bar
- Best Event or Festival
- Best Outdoor/Adventure Experience
- Tourism Everyone’s Business (open to community tourism destination management organisations, destination marketing companies, transport operators, retail and entertainment venues)
- Best Visitor Attraction
- Best Sporting Event
- Hospitality Hero
- Innovation Award (open to small or large businesses)
- Regional Young Ambassador Award (open to people aged 30 or under)
- Regional Ambassador Award (open to people aged 31 or over)